- - "This was a great book with an interesting cast of characters. I enjoyed the world and the way magic worked and I think the author really nailed the voice of a teenage MC."
- - "This was a good book. I didn't give it 5 stars because I frequently felt like I was missing a part of the story, and had to flip back to make sure I hadn't skipped something important. Overall, it was solid work. The editting was excellent, which is rare for the low cost/free self published books. The pacing was excellent, and I didn't want to stop reading it. If the flow between scenes, the descriptions of the various minor characters, and the explanation of magic had been handled a bit better, I would love to give it a 5. I would read another book by this author. The main character was interesting, imperfect, and grew as the story progressed. The minor characters all had their own stories and personalities, and the dialog felt honest and unstilted. I did stumble a bit over a few words that were very much from the Canadian English and not the American English, but it added some charm and a sense of place. I would recommend this book to my friends who enjoy coming of age urban fantasy books."
- - "i loved this book. the story is solid and the kids were true to life. i would like to read more of this series.good job."
- - "great and an lovely ending"
See all reviews at Amazon
- Solid writing and strong world building. Pacing was a little slow towards the second half of book. Overall, I recommend this book and look forward to more from this writer.
Please write more author
This book was amazing it didnt focus on romance too much and had adventure in it
Quite a different book and I enjoyed it
Interesting spins and enjoyable
Really good book
Well balanced in plot and not too dramatic, touch of humor. Very satisfying, great writing, i loved the characters. Would recommend for fantasy lovers.
- good book .well written looking forward more lol
- Great read! I think the author really captured the age of the MC. The cricket was my favorite!